As a Social Media Consultant, from March 2017 to March 2018, I supported Polish National Tourist Office in the UK (PNTO). My role was to conduct consistent activities in the field of content marketing in social media and on the National Tourist Portal Poland.Travel. Implementation of the promotion strategy included the following topics in the field of tourist attractiveness of Poland: Events (top, unusual); Food (variations on Polish cuisine and food products); Luxury (Castles, Palaces & Wellness and SPA); Active tourism (bicycles, water, extreme, mountain); Out of the box – unusual and little-known places (underground routes, little-known cities, narrow-gauge railways etc.).
General tasks included
- obtaining information on events related to tourism to Poland and developing short texts in English in the form of articles and posts;
- obtaining and editing photos, videos illustrating individual articles and posts;
- editorial in English of the content
- obtaining verified links and publishing as articles and posts;
- conducting monthly analysis of the popularity of articles and posts and their reach along with recommendations
presence during events and events organized PNTO,
- recommendations for paid campaigns at the request of the PNTO for individual articles and / or posts.
Activities on Poland`s National portal:
- Preparation and publication of at least 5 articles monthly on the portal in the “News” section regarding content, graphics and / or video, linking
- Reporting results and analyzing statistics in the context of activities
Activities on Social Media
- Publication of posts on the Facebook profile: upcoming events, prepared graphics, photos, links, videos, discounted offers for specific groups of recipients
- Interaction with users on Facebook (liking, sharing, replies), stimulating fans activity by building “dialogue” communication, building interest, voting, and hashtagging content
- Monitoring activities on Facebook (commenting, responding to messages)
- Active promoting the Polska.Travel fanpage – promoted posts and other forms of advertising on FB, creating a schedule of sponsored posts using targeting, selection of the characteristics of the target group, acquiring new fans
- Building coverage, creating an attractive message and image Poland,
- Facebook monthly report – results and analysis of statistics in the context of the activities
- Publication of tweets on Twitter. Examples of posts: upcoming events, prepared graphics, photos, links, videos
- Interact with Twitter users (liking, retweeting, replies);
- Monitoring of people who write on Twitter about Poland – in particular journalists and bloggers
- Creating a schedule of sponsored Twitter posts using targeting, selection of the characteristics of the target group, remarketing
- Twitter monthly report – undertaken actions, results, statistics in the context of activities
- Publication of a minimum of 20 photos a month on Instagram
- Creating a schedule of sponsored Instagram posts using targeting, selection of the characteristics of the target group
- Interacting with participants of events and events implemented by PNTO London (liking, responses to comments)
- Monitoring hashtags on Instagram related to Poland
- Creating Instagram Stories
- Instagram monthly report – undertaken actions, results, statistics in the context of activities
- Optimising pages, profiles, posts, videos within each platform to increase the visibility of digital content
- Analysing trends in Social Media, new features on platforms and the implementation of the most effective solutions
Polish National Tourist Office based in London promotes Poland in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland. As Poland has become one of the must-see spots on Europe’s destinations map, we meet our visitors halfway and supply them with the most intresting tourist information and up-to-date news from Poland. We are here to promote Poland and we believe that, anyone can become Poland’s fan.
Polish Tourism Organisation International Offices are set up for the purpose of implementing the statutory tasks of POT in the fields of their activity. Nonetheless, their presence in a given market facilitates the gathering of information concerning departures from a particular country as well as analysing data acquired from assorted sources, making it possible to establish direct and continual contacts with the media and representatives of the authorities of the industry as well as consumers planning to travel to Poland and requesting information and materials.
The information and knowledge gathered by the Centres, which could not be obtained without their efforts, establish foundations for the creation of POT plans and strategies.
New London office in Chiswick – next to Chiswick Town Hall and Turnham Green.
- Tourism portal managment
- Facebook posts – photos and videos
- Instagram posts – photos and videos
- Instagram Stories – photos and videos
- Twitter tweets- photos and videos