When Mariska Kesteloo embarked on her #MariskaJourney to Poland in April 2022, I did not know that the end of her camper journey in June would also mark the end of my journey at Word of MICE.
I want to take this opportunity to thank Mariska Kesteloo for almost two years of successful collaboration. It was a chapter of my professional life full of innovative ideas. We used most of the opportunities digital marketing brings for destinations, event professionals, content creators, B2B influencers and brands. You are an open-minded professional; working with you was a great experience. Read how it all started >>> How one meeting in London can change your life.
Update: Great news! I am joining Poland Convention Bureau as their e-Marketing Chief Specialist at Polish Tourism Organisation Headquarters in Warsaw.
Due to the pandemic and personal challenges, it has not been an easy time, yet I think we have managed to deliver some spectacular projects. We were not afraid of implementing emerging trends into the projects (Associations Space talks on Twitter Spaces in 2021) or using event technology such as Hubilo, and social media tools Otter.ai, Wavve, Brand24, Kontentino, and Agorapulse, to mention a few.
Social media played a crucial role in our campaigns (LinkedIn, Twitter, Youtube and Instagram). The activities undertaken at the Mobile World Congress Barcelona, IBTM in Barcelona, IMEX America and IMEX Frankfurt, which finally returned after the break, were also important parts of our campaigns.
B2B influencer marketing campaigns
I am glad that through Word of MICE we collaborated with industry top opinion leaders and MICE destinations on projects such as B2B influencer marketing campaigns and digital marketing collaborations. Let me mention some of the projects I was involved with:
- Sabrina Meyers and Singapore Exhibition & Convention Bureau (SECB) campaign
- Nadia Rubtsova and Helsinki Marketing (now Helsinki Partners) campaign
- Meg Strahle and InspireME Monte Carlo DMC
- Juliet Tripp with Elina Jutelyte and The Netherlands Board of Tourism & Conventions (NBTC) campaign
- Gisèle Jamin from Atout France (France CVB)
- Nienke van der Malen – van der Horst & Bregje Frens – de Leeuw from Conferli
- Sina Bunte and Catalunya Convention Bureau campaign (plus Jorge Bravo-Pratscher as a videographer)
- and #MariskaJourney
🎙️ I had a great pleasure supporting the #AssociationsSpace talks series this spring & early summer. Created & run LIVE on @wordofmice`s Twitter where we talked about all things related to #associations & #events. So many fantastic people met. Have a lovely August #eventprofs pic.twitter.com/JWp6NhNkLW
— Jaroslaw Marciuk ☕️ call me Jaro (@JaroslawMarciuk) August 2, 2021
Mobile World Congress 2021 – from the eyes of an event professional video
CatalunyaInspires B2B influencer campaign video. A summary of the discovery tour and a quick recap of the different locations (Barcelona, Girona, Baix Llobregat, Sitges, Lloret de Mar, Costa Daurada, Costa Brava)
Read also on my blog:
- How eventprofs & content creators can save one day a week
- Disability and inclusion in meetings and events
- The Top 100 Most Influential People in the Event Industry by Eventex
- Convention bureaus and social media best practices
It was also a great privilege to be a co-host of the second season of Mariska`s B2B Influencer Marketing Podcast with such inspiring professionals as:
- Phil Gonzalez (Instagramers Network & Mobile Photographers Community)
- Tim Williams (Onalytica CEO)
- Anna Gorska (ICCA Board Member / Symposium Cracoviense Board Advisor)
- Nyomi Rose (Generation Z eventprof)
- Horacio Caamano (Consultant Latin America Markets for HotelMap, MeetingPlanner, MICE & Travel Vlogger
- Helen Moon (Chief Executive at EventWell)
- Maris Kuklis (Etihad Leisure, Corporate, TMC & MICE Account Manager)
- Robert Szulc (Boomerang Incentives CEO, creator of exceptional journeys, MICE & Travel influencer and content creator)
- Carina Bauer (IMEX Group CEO)
- Antti Lumiainen (Senior Advisor, Congresses and Meetings at Helsinki Partners) & Nadia Rubtsova (MICE and associations expert)
Also thank you to everyone not mentioned above with whom our professional paths have crossed. A big thank you to each one of you for going that extra mile to ensure our collaboration and conversations were stellar. I loved seeing everyone’s enthusiasm and professionalism shine throughout these e-meetings and projects. I wish you all further success in your future endeavours.
Have a wonderful summer and I hope to meet you in autumn. The journey continues and it is time for a new chapter. What would it be? We will see.